14 Dec 2020 The Top 10 Targeted Ransomware Attacks in 2020 (Infographic)
The year 2020 saw significant growth and evolution of ics cyber attacks with the precarious move to more remote operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are the top 10 most notable cyber attacks on industrial systems for 2020.
- All these attacks were reported on in the press – public incidents
- These are all the (credible) cyber attacks that had physical consequences in 2020
- All these attacks were targeted ransomware
- Downtime estimates are conservative – public reports generally do not contain exact downtime figures, but estimates such as “at least X plants for at least N days”
- Conservative estimate of average incident cost: 63 plant-days downtime
- Almost all attacks impacted multiple plants simultaneously – not surprising – the bad guys look to maximize their profits by overwhelming our incident response teams
- Many of these attacks impacted sites that had deployed significant levels of software-based defensive, monitoring, detection and response capabilities
Explore our website to learn how the most secure industrial sites in the world protect their networks with OT-grade unidirectional gateway cybersecurity.
Dig deeper - download the ebook here
- Waterfall Security Solutions Announces Upgraded Waterfall for IDS - March 2, 2021
- Learnings from the SolarWinds Breach – Bryan Owen | Episode #54 - March 1, 2021
- Global Webinar: Thirteen Ways To Break A Firewall - February 25, 2021