The year 2020 saw significant growth and evolution of ics cyber attacks with the precarious move to more remote operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are the top 10 most notable cyber attacks on industrial systems for 2020.
- All these attacks were reported on in the press – public incidents
- These are all the (credible) cyber attacks that had physical consequences in 2020
- All these attacks were targeted ransomware
- Downtime estimates are conservative – public reports generally do not contain exact downtime figures, but estimates such as “at least X plants for at least N days”
- Conservative estimate of average incident cost: 63 plant-days downtime
- Almost all attacks impacted multiple plants simultaneously – not surprising – the bad guys look to maximize their profits by overwhelming our incident response teams
- Many of these attacks impacted sites that had deployed significant levels of software-based defensive, monitoring, detection and response capabilities
Explore our website to learn how the most secure industrial sites in the world protect their networks with OT-grade unidirectional gateway cybersecurity.
Dig deeper - download the ebook here
- Really Committing to Supply Chain Security | Episode #95 - November 16, 2022
- ROI Mistakes for Cybersecurity Investments | Episode #94 - November 8, 2022
- Waterfall Security Expands Presence in Australia - November 2, 2022